30 octombrie 2012

Speaking of Cicada.. -ENG version-



Hello, my loved ones!
Am decis să pun interviul şi în engleză pentru prietenii noştri de peste graniţă!
So, cine era curios să vadă exact ce a spus ms Belle,
 îl invit să citească următoarea postare kilometrică!
Enjoy !:)


1. First of all, tell us a little something about you!  
I have been daydreaming stories for as long as I can remember.  My first recollection of wanting to be a writer was when I was in the second grade, and my teacher, Mrs. Rambin, would have us lay our heads on our desks after lunch while she read us stories full of magic and imagination.
Most of my early writings were stories with a twist of science fiction…even my earliest poems.  I remember sitting on the dam of a neighbor’s pond around the time I was eleven, writing a story about space travel.  In fact, I still have that little handwritten story.  It’s still bound in the same yellow notebook that I put it in way back in the sixth grade!
Growing up in Nacogdoches, the oldest town in Texas, afforded me summers full of adventure with my friends.  I call on those adventures and memories a great deal for my YA stories.  Cicada has a lot of the energy of those childhood adventures spun throughout.  One of them is something that actually happened to me when I was thirteen years old.  I was on one of my adventures in the woods with my dog, Dusty.  We made our way through the woods to a neighboring pasture and crawled through the barbed wire fence.  When we got to the top of one of the rolling hills in the grassy field, I realized I was standing in the middle of a giant circle imprinted in the pasture grass.  No one had ever told me about crop circles at that time in my life, so I just thought it was an odd occurrence that there was a strange circle in the tall grass.   Now that circle is forever memorialized in a YA novel, Cicada!
Aside from all of that, one other thing I’d like to share about myself is how much I’m enjoying getting to know so many lovely Romanian readers.  I know I keep saying it, but it’s true … Romanian readers are beautiful! ♥

2. How did you come up with the idea for Cicada?
There’s not any one thing that inspired me to write Cicada. I find inspiration in everything around me, and there are a lot of cumulative memories of inspiration from over the years that all culminated in the Cicada trilogy! However, I will say that I did include a lot of actual places from the town in which Cicada is set.
For instance, I pass a ranch on my way home every day (and sometimes night!), and out in the middle of one of the grassy fields is a small forest of trees with a dense wall of tightly-grown underbrush. For years, I’ve imagined that something very mysterious was going on inside that forest, and sometimes at night I’d get creeped out while driving by it! Now readers can get a feel for that forest by reading about the “haunted forest” in Cicada!
Like most authors, I love listening to great music while writing.  There are so many talented musicians that inspire me while daydreaming and writing my stories.  I thought I'd share my inspiration play lists with your lovely readers. :-)
Another thing I think readers might like to know is that I have a favorite song that fits the mood for each one of the books in the trilogy! Want to hear the unofficial theme song to each book? Here goes!
· Cicada: The Resistance
· Firefly: Cosmic Love
· Third (yet unnamed book): Electric Feel
There’s even a song for Everett
And as an extra bonus, here’s a song for a very important character readers will meet in Firefly. His name is Ash, and, boy oh boy, do I think readers will love to hate to love him!
Well, I couldn’t help myself but to include this song, too!  Without giving away any spoilers, let me just say that this song inspires a very special moment in book three… Hmmm… I wonder who this song could be about?  Any thoughts?  Post them below in the comments section! J
I hope everyone will enjoy listening to the play lists while reading the books! And I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on how the play lists fit with my books.
And it must not go without giving many thanks to the awesome musicians whose songs have given me so much inspiration.  Thank you for sharing your magic!

3. Do you have a favourite character in your book? Why ? 
This is actually a really good question to which I have an odd answer.  I related to all of my characters equally, actually.  I feel that each one of them has a small part of me in them, and I have a connection with each one of them.  For instance, when they hurt, I draw upon some memory of a time when I was under emotional stress or heartbroken.  When they are in love, I remember a time when I was thoroughly smitten with someone.  So, I’m sorry I cannot be more specific with my answer.

4. What do you enjoy the most about your writing career ?
Upon first reading this question, my mind said “The writing is my favorite part!”  But, then my heart answered, and I think it’s the most correct response.  “Meeting my readers is my favorite part of my writing career.”  And it’s so very true!  I adore each and every one of my readers.  Once someone has read my book, they’ve had a tiny glimpse inside of my heart, and that’s only something I reserve for very special people.

Let us know a little more about you:

5. Show us a picture of you, your lovely daughter, Linda Belle, and your sweet doggie, Sascha Marie!  Maybe a group picture! *it's a bold question, but I want to see! LOL!*
 

Here’s a picture of me.  It’s my favorite picture of me … my daughter took this picture.
Here’s a picture of my lovely daughter, Linda Belle.  She designs my book covers and creates my book trailers.
And here’s a picture of Sascha Marie in her Halloween costume.  It’s supposed to be a ladybug costume, but she got a little crazy as soon as we put it on her. 
Just look at that wild look in her eyes! LOL!

6. Show us your favourite place to stay/read/write. 
My writing cave really isn’t a cave at all.  If I were to be completely honest with you, I would say that the world is my writing cave.  Since I have a day job, I have to set my writing aside during those hours I’m away from home.  However, even if I’ve physically set it aside, I’m still living half-in-half-out of my story.  I’m an avid daydreamer, you see, so I really can’t help it.  And it’s actually the way I write when I’m not able to put the story down into words.  I spin the tales in my mind while going about my daily routine at work.  But once I get home, it’s on like Donkey Kong!
Once I get home, I snuggle into my favorite corner of the sofa and get ready to put all those daydreams into words.  What are the necessary items for me to have in my reading spot?  For starters, I simply must have the soft cotton throw my mother gave me.  A drink must always be close at hand, and I usually have my notebook and a copy of Cicada so I can flip back to past scenes in order to keep continuity in the story.  Of course, I need my glasses handy so I can see all those tiny letters on the screen. LOL!
Oh!  Let’s not forget about the music!  I always have my ear buds plugged in so I can listen to my inspiration play lists.  You can listen to them, too!  They are on my Youtube channel.








Sometimes on the weekend, I like sitting at the dining table so I can gaze out of the window into the backyard and the spooky little forest beyond the back fence. 

From this seat at the table, I can see the deep creek that snakes through the vine-ridden trees and watch as butterflies flutter high up into the shady canopy above.  Often, on summer nights, fireflies light up that spooky little forest with thousands of sparkles in the darkness, and I think of Blair and Everett and imagine what they are doing at that very moment.






Something told me that you’d like to see a part of that spooky little forest behind my house.  Here’s a glimpse.  Occasionally, there are birds perched on the vines.  But I think I scared them away when I took this photo! LOL!
However, in case you are wondering, this isn’t my inspiration for the place Blair calls “the haunted forest.”  That little forest actually exists, but it’s just down the road.  I pass it on my way to town.
Whew! It’s hot out here!  Let’s head back into the house for something cold to drink.




Uh oh!  Looks like I’m busted!  Yes, it’s true.  I often pop over to Facebook while I’m writing.  It’s a bad habit, I know.  But I try to only take a peek when I need a break or between chapters.  You believe me, right? ;-)
By the way, have you liked me on Facebook?  I’d love for you to stop by and join in the fun!  Comments and questions are always welcome, and I always respond.  Besides, I frequently have contests, so check it out! J
Thanks so much for stopping by my writing cave!  





7.  Do you have other hobbies, except writing ?
There are so many fun things to do and not enough time in which to do them!  I guess if I were to list my favorite hobbies, I would start with daydreaming.  I love daydreaming.  It’s my very favorite pastime.  After that, I suppose I would have to list reading.  There’s nothing like a good book on a rainy day!  But the list would be incomplete without listing movies.  I adore good movies!  Oh!  And people-watching!  That’s got to be one of the funnest things of all!

8. How does a usual morning look for you?
Once I’ve made sure that the dog is walked, watered, and fed, my usual morning starts off with coffee.  I stop by my mother’s house for coffee and toast every morning.  Without coffee, I could not make it through the day.

9. Quickly, tell us one character from a book you loved, one music band you often listen to and a magical creature you'd like to meet or see! 
I would love to meet Dumbledore.  Can you imagine the discussions one might have with him over a tall mug of Butterbeer? 
Oh, it’s so difficult to limit myself to just one band!  There are so many excellent bands!  But, I suppose one of my favorites is MUSE.  They are coming to Houston in March, and I hope to get to see them in concert then!  I have to mention Biffy Clyro and Florence + The Machine, too! ♥
I would like to see an extraterrestrial.  If he means no harm, then I would like to meet him and discuss where he’s from.

10.  Do you believe in Santa Clause? *I couldn't help it! I have to know!*
Absolutely!  Doesn’t everyone? 

11. Top 3 things you could not live without!
1.      Coffee
2.      My laptop
3.      My cell phone

12. Top 3 movies or series you love and signify a lot for you! :-)
These could change at anytime J
1.      Downton Abbey (TV Series)
2.      Pride and Prejudice (Movie)
3.      Once Upon a Time (TV Series)

13. Top 3 countries or places you'd like to visit and why? 
1.      Romania: Of course!  I’m truly enjoying getting to know more about this lovely country 
and meeting so many wonderful Romanian readers!
2.      Great Britain: I know this is more than one country, but I’d like to tour it and meet my lovely readers in person!  Also, I’d love to tour all the historical places I studied in my college history classes.)
3.      France: I studied French for four years, and I would love to tour France

14. If you'd wish upon a falling star, what would it be? 
Health, happiness, and long life for my loved ones.

15. Let's say you have the possibility of going to live on another planet. Tell us 5 things/people/animals you'd take with you and why!
  •  My mother- Because she’s my Mama!  And because there would be no way she’d let be visit another planet where she can’t see me!
·         My daughter- Because I couldn’t bear to be separated from her.
·         My sister- Because I’m very close to her, and I couldn’t bear not being able to near her.
·         My brothers- Because they are very important to me.
·         My doggie- Because I love her!

16. Let's say you win the lottery. What would you do with the 1 million dollar prize? 
I would first make an offering to my church, and then I would make sure my mother and daughter were taken care of.

17. If you could have a magic wand and the possibility of casting 3 spells, what spells you'd cast and why? 
·         I would conjure a spell so that my books to be well-received by readers.
·         I would conjure a spell for money so that I could afford to do nothing but write books.
·         I would conjure a spell so that Cicada would be made into a movie.

18. What you'd like to say to the ones who read this interview?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my answers to lovely Adry’s questions.  I hope each and every one of you knows that I value you and appreciate you very much.  In fact, I invite each and every one of you to stop by any or all of my social networking sites and say “hi”.  I adore hearing from my readers, and I always respond.

19.  Now, you have to tell me if you enjoyed answering to these questions?
I had a lot of fun answering these questions!  Adry put a lot of thought into these questions, and I appreciate the time and effort she put into this interview.  Thank you, lovely Adry! ♥

20. Now, Ms. Belle, say good-bye! :-D
Goodbye for now!  Thank you for having me over for a cup of hot chocolate and a chat!  I wish everyone a lovely day.  I send you all much love from Texas!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sper că v-a plăcut!
Nu uitaţi să votaţi pentru publicarea Cicada în România!



Vă urez o seară bună!
Ne auzim mâine! Mă pregătesc să mă mai ţin de o promisiune!
Noapte bună!

XoXo,
Adry ♥




2 comentarii:

  1. Aw, iubesc interviul asta! Foarte frumoase raspunsurile si intrebarile <3
    Ps: Playlist-urile ei sunt geniale :D
    <3

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Pot conta pe tine sa-mi spui ce crezi ♥